Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Things to Do in Kansas City! -Wine and Design (Lees Summit)

I have been wanting to put that apron on and pick up that paintbrush for so long now!  Saturday, April 15, 2017, my sister and I had a little sister sister date to celebrate her birthday.

Wine and Design, located in Lees Summit, Missouri is a creative space where people can go to kick back, sip sip and let their creative juices flow.  In order to participate, you must sign up prior to the date that you want to paint; and there is also space to do group events that accommodates up to 30 people!  You also must bring your own beverage. 

The facility is extremely beautiful!  It is filled with tons of beautiful pictures from previous sessions.  When you walk in, there is a cute chalk board sign and a sign in sheet on top of a barrel.  Our canvases were already set up for us upon arrival as well as our paint.  I was the first to arrive, and with permission from the artist, I walked around looking at the beautiful art and taking video footage for my YouTube channel.  Our group was a little more intimate than I thought it would be as there were only 5 ladies in attendance.

Everything started off so well and it was very therapeutic.  But then my sister got ahead of herself and accidentally messed up her painting.  The artist reassured her that she would be able to fix it, but after a while, there was no coming back from it.  It was quite hilarious actually, even the other ladies were laughing!  I loved the fact that none of us were artists because we were able to laugh at each other’s flaws and joke about how bad we are!  The ladies that were painting with us were extremely funny and nice.  We had such a great time together that I ended up taking one of their business cards and we are going to invite them to come back with us soon!

I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere at Wine and Design.  It was very relaxing and a great way to decompress.  The instructor had a great attitude and she was very patient with us.  Check out the video associated with this post! 


No comments:

Post a Comment